Flying in the Sky(Trip to Druk Amitava Mountain)

/ Thursday, November 11, 2010 /
Our team with Jigme Chogyal
Nov 6, 2010 Photos by:Ramesh Tamang

Now a days I am getting a lots of chances to meet many people from Tamang Society and to visit many places. It makes me so happy and refreshed. I am thankful to my friends for creating such events and inviting me to join. All Hindu people were celebrating their 2'nd biggest festival Tihar. As we know that other religious people were forced to celebrate these festivals by previous Hindu rulers of this nation. But now its 'Lokatantra' and its our choice whether celebrate them or ignore. In my opinion we should do respect values of all beings. Personally I think Tihar is beautiful festival. There are no more violences like in Dashai. It has created a friendly environment and opportunities to gather brothers and sisters after long time. There are so many Lights, Deusi Bhailos which makes really nice environment. I enjoy to see other people celebrating it. 
Flying in the Sky...haha..

TYS's team made a plan to visit Druk Amitava Mountain Monastery located at Ramkot VDC-8, Kathmandu, near by Swoyambhu. Dorje samdi had informed me about the event. At early morning we headed towards our destination. Our friends bought some food items for feeding us at the destination. But I didn't buy anything...hahahaha... Buddha Yonjan was let's say leader of that journey. He guided us and gave many informations. As I visited that place before too. But at that time construction was undergoing.  


All were making jokes, singing songs and so on....we were about to reach the Monastery. An unexpected incident occurred. A drunkard person took Buddha Yonjan jyojyo's sweater. All our friends were trying to convince him. Suddenly I lost my temper and I don't know what I was trying to do with him. His wife scolded me so badly. After all situation came to good end. Then we entered in the Monastery. Wow...! what a nice place and huge monastery. Nice view of Nagarjun Hill, Ktm vally and Ramkot village. This monastery is especially for Nuns. But at that day there were no Nuns. Cos they had gone to Godawari for a picnic. Finally we met Lama Guru Jigme Chogyal. We felt so happy to meet him. Because he was from Tamang comminty. After finishing 18 years of Buddhism study in Darjeling now he looks after this monastery. We took few photo snaps with him. The guru showed us all corners of the Monastery and answered our quires about Buddhism. Guru offered us for tea. Guru's politeness, kindness and serving others behavior was really inspire. I felt so happy and peace, felt like flying in the sky... and that was great time to be there. Monasteries and Buddhism places are my first choice to visit. 

My photo
Nepal
Hi everyone. I call myself a Traveller boy. Born on the lap of mountains. Doing down to up and up to down the mountain for survival is all about how we live. colours of life and culture waving in Buddhist prayer flags and spinning prayer wheel symbolises endless journey of life. And at the same time its all about being happy, keep peace and harmony. Tashi Delek!
 
Copyright © 2008-2012 Wheel of Life, All rights reserved